It’s official. Video advertising is more popular than blogging. More popular than email marketing and more popular than Facebook!
In fact, video is the Fastest Growing Online Advertising Format (Source: SmallBzTrends)
With more and more people accessing the internet on the move it really was just a matter of time before video began to dominate. That time is now.
Businesses are embracing online video worldwide at a rapid pace with:
- 76% of marketers planning to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Social Media (Source: Social Media Examiner)
In this article we are going to look at ‘5 Reasons Why you Should Consider Video Marketing in your Business’:
1. People Retain more with an Auditory and Visual Combination
This is the single biggest reason why you should consider video.
Forrester Research have stated that:
- People retain 58% more with both visual and auditory stimulation.
Connecting with your target audience using a personal video to introduce your business is extremely powerful. The human element of marketing is not to be under estimated!
2. Video is Now More Searchable
Google likes sites with video - A LOT. So much so that:
- Video is 53 times more likely to appear on Google’s 1st page search results when optimised correctly! (Source: PRWeb)
You can also transcribe speech to text in your video. Google will automatically index or search for this text, adding to your visibility on the search engines and getting more eyeballs on your business!
3. Video Increases the Likelihood of Purchasing
The evidence is pretty compelling on this one:
- 2.4 Billion Users are online every day (Source: Mashable)
- Two thirds of these people are actively seeking information on a product or service (Source: Wolfgang Digital)
- Anywhere between 64-85% of these users are more likely to buy AFTER watching a video (Source: KissMetrics)
4. Video will make your visitors ‘stick around longer’
There’s no doubt about it. Video has the ‘stickiness’ factor. How?
- The Fusiform Facial area (an actual brain function) makes us pay attention to faces
- Voice conveys rich information
- Emotions are contagious
- Movement grabs attention (Source: Forbes)
As you can see, leveraging the power of video definitely holds your visitors attention for longer.
5. Video Empowers Viewers to Share
Every business owner wants their video to go ‘viral’.
While going ‘viral’ is often easier said than done, video has more potential to be shared enabling you to expand your reach and grow your audience.
Online video is on the up and up folks. The question remains:
What effect could online video have on your business?
At Web Together, we offer a high quality, creative video service at competitive prices.
We have what it takes to get your video in front of those people who are actively searching for your products or services enabling you to experience many of the benefits outlined above.
Posted by Colm McKeown